MAC Global Glow Mineralize Skinfinish








Left- MAC Global Glow, Right- Laura Geller- Ballerina

A staple bronzer is essential for summer and I think I've found mine! MAC Global Glow is slow baked with whirls of bronze and gold flecks, on the skin it has a slight orange tint however it goes great with a tan, which I'm hopefully going to have in a few weeks. It is very glowy and it's most beautiful on top of cheekbones and not applied in the generic bronzer 3, across temples, cheeks and jaw, as it can look a tad over done. It amazed me in how long it lasted, I tried on a new foundation which wore off so fast and was slipping and sliding all over my face revealing all sorts of blemish etc but thats another story, however through a good 7 hours of wearing that foundation my cheeks were still looking bronzed and it had barely faded, really makes me want to try a natural Mineralize Skinfinish. When I bought it it was a toss up between Global Glow and the cult MSF Soft and Gentle, as it's summer I went for GG and I'm so over the moon I did, can imagine it looking beautiful on all skin tones, and even for £24 I 100% recommend it.

I also thought it'd be interesting to compare it to Laura Geller Ballerina which is a golden illuminator, it has a lot more shimmer rather than a luminous shine that GG has, it's also a lighter champagne gold rather than a bronze gold shade. The pigmentation is very similar, high, so a little goes along way. Overall I prefer GG it's a little less in your face but still very noticeable.

Any more bronze or gold highlight recommendations?

Emma xox

Comments

  1. This looks absolutely AMAZING. Both these products are beautiful, the colour are amazing! I mainly use cream highlights and love my MAC Cream Colour base in Hush for something golden!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo will defiantly check out Hush, never use creams will be interesting to try. xox

      Delete
  2. I've never seen this colour before! I love Macs Soft & Gentle and this is so similar just more gold toned! Would look beautiful with a tan, will pick this up for my holidays! The GG has a nice texture though, love how it looks x

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous shade! I love MAC's MSF :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Laura Geller shade. I'm a highlighter fan myself but Ballerina looks so wearable!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous, although I have swatched Soft and Gentle several times, I have never fallen in love with it, but I reckon I would with this x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing shade, bronzers are a staple product in my summer make up routine as well! And I think that the Laura Geller Ballerina illuminator is very similar to the Beauty UK baked bronzer, this one is also very shimmery – perfect for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts