The Body Shop Seaweed Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser

 Hey Beauties,  it's been a stressful week and soon to get worse, it's my mock weeks and revision is everything at the moment. However after next week it is all over and will soon be Christmas, relief. Stress is causing a lot of oil and spots to be produced and a good skin routine always helps, this is my current main products I use in my routine.

 




 
 
 
So to start off, I have very oily skin, pretty much everywhere but my cheeks but mainly my nose, in the corner of my nose, my chin and my t-zone. It got so bad that by the time I came home from school only a small bit of foundation was left on my skin, but luckily this has changed things.
 
The cleanser is rather runny and with all of the products I've learnt a little goes a far way. It says it takes make up off but it doesn't take it all off very well so I still use my original cleanser at night and then this one for a double cleanse and this cleanser on it's own in the morning. However it does remove oil from my skin extremely well without completely stripping it so it's dry.This is the only product I don't particularly recommend, it's not bad but there's just much better cleansers to remove make up with but defiantly never skip this step in your skin routine! 
 
The toner is much better at removing make up and I use it for my eye make up as well and it get's it all off easily. It also preps the skin for moisturiser and dries very fast. It is very important to use toner AFTER cleanser because even cleanser clogs pores (causing spots) and toner won't clog pores and it removes every little bit left of make up and cleanser, but even though it removes it, toner wont replace a cleanser.
 
The moisturiser adds moisture but without adding extra oil and also controls oil levels through out the day, so my makeup doesn't slide off, yuk. It works well and to test it I didn't use it for one day after using it for a week and noticed a big difference on how long my make up lasted and it lasted much shorter and around the nose it went rather streaky, unlike when I do use it, I see my make up look almost the same (a slight difference) from the morning to when I get home from school but not streaks an only a little shine.
 
Overall I would recommend this set to any one with oily/combination skin and warn dry skin types to stay away. I really like it and have noticed a difference in my skin. Other than an oil difference, I have also noticed my skin colour to be more even, brighter and spots aren't prevented but disappear fast when I am using these products, I don't know if it is a precise product that is giving me these results or all three together but I know they work, so I'm happy. Also in store (not online) you can currently get all three products in a set together for £18 when separately they would equal £26.
 
Do you have good skin products for oily skin, you can share? Or do you have any suggestions for a good foundation for oily skin?
 
Emma x

Comments

  1. Ooohhh I have just been looking at this online too as they have % off at the moment. Will def have to pop on or two of them in my basket now :)

    Hayley - teapartybeauty.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so cool! I have never really payed attention to the skincare at the body shop but I need some new skin stuff and I have oily skin! So I will definitely give these a look next time I'm in the shop.Great post <3
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never tried theres seaweed line :) but i have tried other stuff of Body shop and love it :) would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have combo/dry skin so this definitely isn't for me, nonetheless, great review! I love TBS products! <3 :) x
    Thanks for dropping by my blog Emma! ^^

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great product! I have very dry skin (especially in the winter!) so I don't think the product is for me but it sounds like it does great stuff. Great review!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi doll :) thanks for following my blog !! i am following you back via GFC#41 its a pink flower Ambi page :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't used this range before but the moisturiser sounds quite nice. I love fresh skincare products like these.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. My skin is just like yours! I tried the scrub from this line and I found it was incredible :)
    I tagged you in the Confessions of a Blogger tag by the way :) hope you do it! xx http://daisylocks.blogspot.com/2013/12/confessions-of-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might go buy the scrub to ;) and thank you, I will defiantly do it <3

      Delete
  10. I can NEVER find anything that works for my oily skin because it changes with the seasons :( It's combination now, very dry cheeks and nose and very oily forehead and chin but I will give this a try if only on certain areas!

    Great review <3

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts