Maybelline The Eraser Eye Concealer // Review & Swatches



Swatched against skin tone and on a blue vein.
This concealer claims to cover flawlessly, brighten and illuminate the under eyes, the added haloxyl is supposed to reduce the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles and fine lines and the goji berry is added in to hydrate your under eyes. Along with the formula the micro-corrector applicator micro-fills and smoothes. Does it live up to its promises? Well it does do impressive things but not quite miracles, but I guess you shouldn't expect the moon from an £8 drugstore concealer.
I have found an improvement in my under eye skin condition, it's not dry or flaky, it feels smoother than before using this product. To be honest I love this concealer but not for it's purpose, I think it does conceals flawlessly every where but my under eyes, it works beautifully on blemishes and skin redness. I don't use it sparingly and I use it much like a pre-foundation on my lower cheeks, where I get redness, and on spots, I find one coat is just enough and it blends in to the skin so it doesn't feel wet or tacky. Under the eyes I feel like the grey and blue tones of my skin still show through and it has to be layered with other concealers. The concealer stays put through out the day, doesn't crease, look cakey or fade, which I've found rare for a drugstore concealer.
The micro-corrector applicator (domed sponge) applies the product, as it says, smooth and helps with full coverage, it seemed fantastic until I read another bloggers review which stated it would just be a breeding ground for bacteria, which I never really thought about, but it does make my feel a bit icky using it now. However under the little sticker on the back of the product it says "The Eraser Eye is protected with an anti-microbial system," (microbial just means bacterium), I don't really know how they put that into it, but it reassures me a little, especially when I've been using it on my whole face.
Last thing to mention is it takes quite a lot of turning and clicking for a reasonable amount of product to come out (then again I do use a lot at once) so mine is getting used up quite quickly, I've had it for a month and I have about one third left.
Overall I have mixed feelings about this concealer but I think until something better and as cheap comes along, I will be repurchasing.
What's your thoughts on the eraser eye? And what's your favourite drugstore concealer currently?
Emma xox

Comments

  1. My favourite concealer is a clinique tinted moisturiser it is really good as it make your skin soft but isn't overpowering so is good for my skin.
    Interesting review I like the fact you were honest :)
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun and will have to check it out :) em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a Rimmel concealer and I've been using it for years. It's about 7 euros I think and never had any issues with it. It also seems to last pretty long!

    Great & clear review too btw :)

    xo naomi
    http://www.naomiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) and ooo I've heard a lot about the Rimmel wake me up concealer, want to try it xxx

      Delete
  4. Great!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Need a new concealer and have been wanting to get this but haven't been convinced because of the bacteria but maybe I'll give it a try! I also want to try the collection lasting perfection concealer! Great post!
    Anna
    www.its-annas-life.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collection concealer was what I used before this and it was great for coverage but I found it to flake off during the day xxx

      Delete
  6. I love your blog, all your make up reviews are amazing. I look forward to reading more :)

    Mimicryer x UK fashion & beauty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts