Prom Accessories



 


 

 
I've finished high school hurrah! No more exams, never have to do another gcse again! Finishing school also meant prom, my prom was a couple of weeks ago now and looking at these photos I just realised I still had the little sticker on the underneath of my heel at prom (face palm haha).
 
The search for shoes was extensive, I was looking for nude, suede, platforms that were high enough so that my dress didn't drag on the floor but not to high that I looked like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time. Which proved impossible... UNTIL two weeks after prom when I saw my perfect shoes in the Miss Selfridges section of Debenhams on sale, its just how it goes haha. However I do love the shoes I got from Kurt Geiger they are Miss KG Cecily in Nude, also on sale, they were down from £60 to £19, steal! They are no longer available but a VERY similar pair (practically identical) are online here.
 
I originally had quite a long, rectangular, pink, patent bag from New Look, but the dream was a suede clutch. However the dream was £69 from Kurt Geiger so I searched for another suede, nude bag, which again was inevitably impossible to find. So I was very luckily treated by my parents as a well done present for exams (my mum also treated herself to the black version, which is currently on sale). It's a square clutch with gold lining and nude/taupe/light pink suede middle and a gold, detachable, chain wristlet. The inside is black silk like material with a small pocket. The perfect size for holding your phone and money. Available online here.
 
On my nails I had a shellac manicure, of a light pink (a lot like Fiji by Essie, a personal favourite) on 8 out of 10 nails, which went with the shoes and suede on the bag, and a glittery gold accent finger on my fore finger on my left and my pinky on my right, which also had little stars in, cute right? In the above photos my manicure has been worn for a good two weeks and has grown out but I'm keeping it on a) because I'm lazy and b) because I want to have long nails and shellac keeps them strong and stops them from breaking off.
 
I am very excited to wear my shoes and bag again, I have a holiday coming up where they will really get worn to death! How was everyone's prom?
Emma x

Comments

Popular Posts