NARS Sheer Glow Foundation




 
Is this the most sought after product in the beauty community? Probably in the top 5. I constantly see it in bloggers wish lists. Like me they probably don't want to pay £30 for a layer to sit on your face. But when you experience the benefits of that layer, your hand quite willingly hands it over. If your really reluctant ask for a couple of samples at your local NARs counter, they gave me the sheer glow and sheer matte in 2 different colours so I could choose which one I preferred. I'm going to set out this post in categories because I feel it will be easier and a little more structured.
 
Coverage- don't be fooled by the name sheer, I would defiantly disagree, I think the coverage is fairly high and can be built up with out looking cakey. However if you accidently apply to much it doesn't settle to well and takes quite a bit of blending to get it smooth.

Finish- once settled and set it has a smooth, silky, even, airbrushed appearance, it's very light, for me it starts out a little matte with a youthful glow and through out the day around my nose and chin (usual oily spots) the foundation glows more instead of looking oily, which I think is pretty smart for disguising oil however a quick powder will matten the skin again if you prefer that look.

Packaging- a glass bottle with a very simple design on of just the labels name is very chic and classy, it's also practical to know how much you have left. However it's not very suitable for traveling as it's quite big and could smash or break easily. And unlike a tube it may be hard to get the last bits of foundation out. But because it has a pump, controlling how much you get out, it will be easier than squeezing it out.

Price- £31 for the foundation and then £3 for the pump, considering I have had mine for around 3 months now and used it every day (2 pumps a time) and I havn't made a considerable dent, its worth it. Up to now that would be £10 a month, not that bad when you think of it like that.

Extra notes- the back of the box reads "Sheer glow's silky fluid delivers immediate hydration, evens skin tone and leaves the skin brighter and more radiant. Used daily, your skin's texture improves over time, becoming softer, smoother and more luminous. Sheer glow foundation provides weightless and buildable coverage, with a natural radiant finish." Which means as well as giving amazing coverage it also helps perfect your own skin.

Over all I'm really happy with this product and think it is worth the hype, defiantly test it out first and try both the sheer matte foundation and sheer glow foundation before leaping into just one of them.

Emma x


Comments

  1. I seriously love this stuff - I sometimes even get compliments on my skin which NEVER has happened before!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this, thanks for the review! I'm stuck on Stila Stay All Day and haven't had the guts to actually purchase anything new in case it turned out to be a bust haha. Much appreciated!!

    www.adashoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so good!!! Please could you check out my blog as it is fairly new and I would love to hear what you think if it https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12138027 Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts