Essie A Cut Above Review

Hey Beauties, HAPPY DECEMBER!? Is this a thing? I saw this all over twitter.. Any ways advent calendars are out (unfortunately all of The Body Shop ones had sold out before I got to them) and we're counting down to Christmas, so why not celebrate December starting? Ha-ha! I celebrated with a new Essie polish and oh my it's glittery and pink and glittery...
 



On my nails above it only took two heavy coats for a full nail, but I imagine wearing this mainly as an accent nail with a darker colour or gold on the other fingers. Or on all of my toe nails, which would look great with open toe shoes.
 
Depending on the lighting the colour can either be a light pink or more of a darker rose gold pink colour. It is very sparkly but doesn't catch the light and make those annoying reflections on the ceiling, so it's much more casual.
 
It will obviously make a gorgeous colour to wear to winter parties, if your outfit is very plain and you don't want to chance looking to bold in a sequin or sparkly dress then this will add to your outfit and add sparkle subtly.
 
How long it will last? On me it lasted about 4 days before chipping which isn't all that bad, considering other polishes that chip as soon as you wash your hands or have a shower... It's pretty good, not the best, but average.
 
Have you tried out a cut above? Or what's your favourite sparkly polish? (Applause to me for using paper instead of the nail wheels, most bloggers use. Ha-ha, pro me!)
 
Emma x

Comments

  1. What a cool glittery one! I love it's shade, perfect - not too out there but still a bit festive :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh what a beautiful colour, I might have to pick this one up!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I might have to add this to my collection :) xx
    http://xtouchofbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorge! xoxo

    gemstrends.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a gorgeous colour, I have a similar nails inc one! :)

    beautyundressedd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts