Maybelline Baby Lips Review and Swatches

Hey Beauties, they came. The beautiful little treasures every American girl raved about, has finally flew it's self across the water, I think you know what I'm talking about and I bet you already have your mits on one of these. It's the Maybelline Baby Lips!!!!



When they first came over around a month or two ago Boots and Superdrug were dry of them because every one wanted one! It took me ages to get the pink and red one. But now I have them and tested them out I'm here (a long with all the other bloggers who beat me to it) with a review and swatches.


PINK PUNCH - This is my favourite colour, its a beautiful vibrant fuchsia pink, all of the colours are sheer but if applied heavily the colour can be built up to be quite strong, which I like to do. They don't stain your lips then dry out, it stays moisturised on your lips and the colour stays for around 2 hours. I wear this one on days shopping or out for meals. The scent reminds me of a watermelon shampoo.

PEACH KISS 30 - My friend got me two baby lips early this year from America before they were out here and for some reason they have numbers on as well as names. This is a light brown, nudeish colour, very very faint even when built up. Generally haven't worn this much just because I like a bit of colour. However it will be a great fall colour for people who don't like or want to wear berry colours. The smell isn't as strong for this one and it is defiantly not peach, but like a cheap artificial lip-gloss, however it is still a nice scent.

PINK WINK 80 - One from America, I realise they don't sell in the UK shops. A Barbie, baby pink colour, light but not subtle. It's quite milky and the colour on your lips is a bit streaky. However it is my favourite scent, it's extremely sweet imagine sticking your nose into a bag of sugary pick and mix with dolly mixture, marshmallows and jelly beans in. Mmmm I love it!!

HYDRATE - Clear and moisturising, does the same as the rest but not noticeable. My friend said to me why do you want a clear one, I was thinking oh my dear there is no hope for you. Think about the multiple things you can do with a clear, moisturising, divine scented, baby lips!!! Of course you can wear it on it's own for a very natural look, but generally I wear it to school over my Bourjois Color Boost Lip Stick in 04 Peach On The Beach, because unlike a lot of other people I find the Bourjois Color Boost Sticks to dry my lips our and I like a pout with shine and I enjoy rubbing my lips together and feeling the moisture at random points in the day so it's nice to have it there already. To me it smells like a sweet lemon and yes I know there sour just think of lemon drops (the sweets). (sorry I had no pictures for it, I think I've lost it :( oh no )

CHERRY ME - Supposed to be red it was to sheer for my lips which are quite dark. So it doesn't suit me very well and I was looking forward to this shade the most! :( However the scent is delightful, it's cherry and fruity.


Baby Lips - Superdrug - Boots - Both £2.99 each
It is currently buy 1 get one half price at Superdrug on Baby Lips and 3 for 2 at Boots on Baby Lips.

I don't particularly think Baby Lips are worth all the rave, however I am happy with them. Which is your favourite colour and scent?

Emma xox

Comments

  1. I have pink punch too - its a really pretty colour, but I agree with you, It defiantly isn't worth the hype - its the same as any other lip balm!
    Becky xx

    http://beckysbeautyobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reviewed this today and I really don't like Cherry Me - I found it to be drying if anything, and it didn't really leave any colour :((( xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found all the colours to be rather faint but I think they're supposed to be. Will check out your post :)

      Emma xox

      Delete
  3. Hi! I really want them so bad ;( But I can't find them anywhere :( They're always out of stock.
    Great post anyway!
    xoxo
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts