Honey I Washed The Kids Lush Soap Review

Hey Beauties, I had to review this! It is amazing! Ha ha ha that was simple and to the point, shall we say Friday 7 again? Ok will post again then, bye. Joking, I have way more to say about this little beauty.

 

First big statement of this post - I LOVE LUSH!
Second big statement of this post - Honey I Washed The Kids is the best soap EVER!

So please excuse the fact that this soap looks like a big cheese wheel, in no way does it smell or feel like cheese in the shower :)

I've currently discovered a new found love for Lush products, my amazing friend got me a juicy goody bag of Lush products for my Birthday, with in it was this soap. I didn't like using soap in the shower, I've had soap on a rope before and it was just like rubbing a hard lump on yourself, what is the point when you can have liquid soap with lots of lather and bubbles? Well I had never tried a Lush soap before... At first I wasn't sure whether to use it when I wash my hands or if I was suppose to use it in the shower. Some of you probably think I'm a bit stupid ha ha but yes I did figure out it was for the shower.

I still found the context of rubbing an object on myself weird but it worked. It's smooth and melts away on to the skin (it actually slipped out of my hands a few times and across the bathroom floor whoops ha ha). Lather isn't the best, no real bubbles happen just a thick, milky, soap.

It smells heavenly. To me it smells of soft, honey, and I can smell the buttery smoothness. Does that make sense to smell the smoothness? Even though I said it smells of honey something I wouldn't describe it as is sweet. However honey is sweet so its a little bit magical! They must mix the honey with something to take the sweetness away, the thing is, is I don't have a clue what that something is. Next time passing go take a whiff of it and tell me what you think of the scent!

The only thing I truly wanted to rave about was the effect it had on me! I have a very common skin condition where I have dry skin with little bumps on my upper arms (I don't know what it's called) but it's something you get from genetics and it goes over time. However I can make them a lot smoother and softer to make it hardly there. This is through either a really good moisturiser (i.e. E4 cream or a good body shop body butter) or a hydrating shower product. This is probably the first shower product I have found to have this effect. I've used this soap a couple of times but have moisturised my skin afterwards so I didn't know it's real effect. But I was lazy and got out of the shower and couldn't be all that bothered moisturising and I just got into my pjs and watched some Vampire Diaries. A little later that night I felt my arm and it was unbelievable soft and the bumps on my arms had smoothed incredibly! I even had a compliment off of my parents on the smoothness of my arms, proves it's not just me ;) However after my shower I couldn't smell the scent on my skin but I guess that just gives me more excitement for my next shower!

Overall I am so buying this again once it is used up and I recommend this to everybody! Especially those with dry skin.

Honey I Washed The Kids - 100g £3.40 - Lush

Have you tried this soap? Does it give the same effect to you? Or do you prefer a different soap?

Emma xox

Comments

  1. My arms are the same, I think it's commonly called chicken skin (not such a nice name) I'd love to try this. Also, I love the Vampire Diaries!

    Lydia x

    www.tyrofashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go buy this and try it! Also I've found L'Oreal Paris does an amazing scrub for "chicken skin" and its called exfotonic exfoliating scrub gel, this is SO GOOD, but very hard to find.

      Emma xox

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts